Sunday, March 8, 2009

3 Years Old!!!

3 years old?!??! When did that happen? It seems like just yesterday we were bringing our baby home for the first time! It really is amazing how fast time flies. Emma's birthday party was last week and it was a huge success! She enjoyed herself immensely! She kept asking "is my birthday here yet?". I think she expected to "see" her birthday, rather than experience the day. Too funny.

Here are some pics to recap the day...we had a "cupcake" theme and I baked the kids' cupcakes in ice cream cones so they could hold them and decorate them. Unfortunately, being the hostess that I am (haha), I had no time to take a lot of pics! Therefore, I have none of the kids decorating. :(

SOOO Excited!

Asking: "Is my birthday here yet?" Isn't her tutu adorable? My talented niece, Angela, made it for her! Along w/ the bow and princess wand.


Balloons...I tried to get shots of the rest of the decorations but it was SO bright that the color was washed out...boooo.

Singing!

Mmmmm....my favorite part.

She got some nice gifts..including a camera from mommy! She has been asking for her own and of course, I delivered. ;) She uses it so often that we have to change the batteries quite a bit!


But the real hit of the party was her new bike! She calls it her "two wheeler" and as you can see, she hopped right on it!



Here she is only a few minutes after getting it...she is a pro already and goes pretty fast!


Overall, she had a GREAT day. On her actual birthday, we took her to the fire station, as she is obsessed w/ Fireman Sam and fire trucks and firefighters right now! I'll save that for another post though. ;)

I have to include the latest straight from Emma's mouth:

The other day, we were at Mimi and Papa's for dinner and there was this young guy walking out behind their condo and Emma says:

"Hey, look at that hot man!"

We almost DIED! I guess we've seen him before and commented on him being hot (he runs w/out his shirt and has a NICE body) ... hahahha.

Then today this woman was in the parking lot and backing up and almost hit this truck behind her, so he honked his horn....so Emma says:

"Is she driving like idiots?"


Oops.

2 comments:

Colby Kids said...

Great pics! I can't believe she's on a bike. That's great.

You can't say anything any more without kids blurting it back out at the wrong times. Little sponges.

Shelly said...

Happy birthday Emma!! Those are some great pics, looks like you guys had a fabulous time!!

 

The Dodge Lodge | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates