Friday, February 13, 2009

Cause....Like...

I'm not sure from where this language is generating, but Emma has recently picked up some...shall we call it...valley girl talk?? She is starting sentences with "cause" and "like". She actually uses "like" anytime, and tends to use her valley girl talk when she either is a little nervous (upon meeting someone new) or when she doesn't really have anything to say, but still wants to talk. Here are some samples:

"Cause, like my birthday is on March 3rd and I'm going to be 3".
"Like, my baby was crying, so I like, took her and gave her a bottle, cause like she was crying".

WHERE IS she getting this from?!?! It's driving us insane, we don't want it to become a bad habit! I know I occasionally insert "like" into my sentences but, like, it's not like all the time.

While I am here, I am going to share some recent pics of Emma. :)

The first 2 are from a morning I was trying to get some cute pics of her before going to school...as you can see, she wasn't so cooperative. LOL






I had to include this one, she LOVES her baby dolls so much and is so sweet to them. I hope she is the same way with her baby brother or sister!



These last few are from a little photoshoot we did w/ her little friend, Sophia!












7 comments:

Suburban mummy & Co said...

to funny "Valley girl" does that mean common?
I have the bipolar I am always told how posh Eliza is lol She will correct you if you say "yeah" "it's not yeah mummy, it's yes speak properly"

No idea as I am a valley girl hehe

cute pics love her flowery shirt

Sarah said...

OMG, she is so funny! Where did she pick that up? Love all the pics. That last one is too cute!

Shannon said...

LOL Nat...um, "valley girl" is a way girls used to talk in the 80's here in the states...it's hard to explain over the internet!

Shelly said...

Like, she is too cute!! Love the pictures too!

MWP said...

I am going to go with modern cartoons

Colby Kids said...

Now that is like too funny! HA You know I love those pics.

Candi said...

The valley girl talk is too funny! And those pics are so cute!

 

The Dodge Lodge | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates