Well, I am in the home stretch. Only 6 weeks to go until my c-section. We are all very excited about the arrival of "Bino" (as we so affectionately refer to him/her) and we have started to prepare. I can't believe we have come this far without knowing the gender...it's starting to kill me! I must know. I have a strong feeling it is a BOY, but David insists it is a GIRL. There are really not many differences between this pregnancy and my pregnancy with Emma, but I know that's not really a factor when it comes to gender.
I am obviously starting to get uber uncomfortable...backaches, exhaustion, intestinal problems (that's putting it lightly), insomnia (it's 5am right now...enough said)...but the worst part? I have gestational diabetes... and it's not being controlled by diet so well. When I follow the diet to a T, my post meal levels are ok BUT my fasting levels rot. When I cheat a bit, my post meal levels are borderline and my fasting levels rot. So, I see the Dr. Monday to discuss insulin. It really sucks having to watch your diet while pregnant, but if I want a healthy infant, I need to be selfless. I have to say it's been very hard, and I have been cheating, but honestly it doesn't make much of a difference in my blood sugar levels. I must be REALLY insulin resistant right now.
I really don't want to go on insulin, but after one look at this face, I KNOW I have to take care of myself for HIM. ;)




Just look at that face!
PS: His/her nose was pressed against my placenta which is why it's so pug-like! CUTE!
1 comment:
He is gorgeous! ;) I hope the insulin works for you. Only 6 more weeks? Sheesh this has flown by!
Post a Comment