For the first time in her life, Emma is truly SICK. :( Sure, she's had the sniffles before, a low grade temperature here and there...once she even had a stomach virus, BUT that occurred immediately following the rotovirus vaccine. So, draw conclusions as you will.
She has a fever (pretty high at times), complains of headaches, and is congested and lethargic. The poor baby is up most of the night hacking up a lung...of course I hear every cough and whimper so I am up as well. I believe I have had about 16 hours of sleep over the past 4 days...that coupled w/ the 3rd trimester of my pregnancy is NOT a pretty combo. Trust me.
Against my better judgment, we took her to the Dr. to rule out the flu or an ear infection. It's "just" a virus though, so we need to let it run its course. I just wish I could take it away for her...she's so pathetic when she's sick. :(
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Shannon-
I don't know if it is going around down there or not, but here Whooping Cough (pertussis) is going around and apparently it is not easily diagnosed b/c the dr's don't normally hear the "whooping" cough. However, there is supposed to be a swab (of I believe their nose) they can do....Just thought I would give you that info.... (www.whoopingcough.net has a lot of info...) Hope poor Emma feels better soon!!! Brie
Uh oh Brie...it IS kind of a dif't sounding cough. I haven't heard of it going around, but I will check out that info! Thanks! She seems to be on the mend this morning though...
Crap Brie...I just listened to that video and it's exactly what her cough sounds like!!! Oh boy...
Post a Comment