Tuesday, October 28, 2008

MultiLingual?

In addition to speaking LOTS of English (and very clearly may I add), and some Spanish, we also learned the other day that Emma knows some Hebrew! Emma attends Temple Judea preschool, and although we are not Jewish, we decided to send her there simply because it is a WONDERFUL and highly recommend preschool in the area. In addition to learning how to socialize, she is also learning other valuable things, including prayers before mealtime!

We were having pizza the other night when exclaimed "Yay Pizza!". Papa asked, "do you have pizza at preschool Emma?". To which she replied "Yes, and we sing Hamotzi" (pronounced Amo-chee). Naturally, we had no clue what she was talking about, and we asked her to sing it. She sounds absolutely adorable singing it AND she says every single in Hebrew very clearly! (not that I really know what I'm listening for, but after seeing it spelled out, I could tell!)

Turn up your volume and listen carefully, as she is slurring some of it due to embarrassment (typical).

6 comments:

Candi said...

How cute! I especially love how excited she gets at the end! So sweet!

Joy said...

Oh my gosh! She is seriously so cute and I love how proud she is at the end. What a darling little song.

Sarah said...

Oh! I just love that Emma. She is too much!

Shelly said...

OMG SO CUTE!! I love how excited she is when she finishes!! I need to show Owen when I get home, he's going to love it ;)

StaceyBurke said...

Shannon I don't even know what to say?! I covered my mouth in shock because SHE IS AMAZING! She really enunciated the blessing SO well at the end, like maybe better than my own kid who has been doing this since birth LOL. Go Emma! I am totally going to send you some Hebrew CDs for her!

Colby Kids said...

Adoreable!!!

 

The Dodge Lodge | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates