Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Now What?

Halloween is fast approaching, so I started explaining to Emma (w/ the help of Dora books and shows) what Halloween is and asking her what she wanted to be. She repeatedly answered "a ladybug". Hmmmm, now some of you may recall that she was a ladybug for TWO years in a row (the only 2 years of her life). Click here to see pics. So, we talked about it and I convinced her to dress as Dora The Explorer. Now, Emma is OBSESSED w/ Dora AND it's minimal dress up (which I knew she would balk at)...so I thought PERFECT...right? WRONG.

I ordered this costume complete w/ wig. The costume came yesterday, and I convinced her to try it on. Now, it's just like a jumpsuit, no biggie...right? WRONG. She started to flip out when I put it on. So David said "give it a few days". I tried again today. "No mommy, you don't want to wear the Dora costume". Then the wig arrived. I unpacked it, showed her the picture of the little girl wearing it, put it on myself and again, refusal to cooperate. Why does she have to be so difficult sometimes? Don't children LOVE to dress up?!??! Not my child.

So, now what? I guess she'll just go as Emma this Halloween. OR we can always try the ladybug costume again...hahaha.

2 comments:

Suburban mummy & Co said...

LOL the outfit is hilarious. I guess kids feel odd and not themselves. Work on her!

MWP said...

Honestly the Dora costume is a bit creepy. Rock the lady bug again.

MWP

 

The Dodge Lodge | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates